Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Project 365: 72/365

I never was a girl who got sick. Since college, I'd maybe get sick once a year. It was usually pretty epic, with lots of "itis" involved (like last year when I had laryngitis, tonsilitis and bronchitis at the same time), but at least it was only once a year. We were in and out in five days with only the seasonal allergies left to deal with.

Not anymore, apparently.


I feel like I have been sick for the last month. I'll feel better for a few days, then it comes back and it is worse.  I've got that rattling, gross cough that kids would get in the 2nd grade and no one wanted to sit by them. Yup, that's me in graduate school.

I wonder, is grad school making me sick, or is Boston? What's going on here? 

When even full-strength-from-behind-the-counter Sudafed doesn't work, you know you have a problem. 

3 comments:

  1. I am ALL about the nyquil. Whenever I get sick, I just want to be knocked out. I think it's a combination of being in a new envioronment that makes your defenses weak. Every time I start a new job--without fail--I get sick.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's time to use your health insurance and go to the dr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would guess it has something to do with your new surroundings. You moved across the country. NOTHING is the same over there. Your body is likely just having trouble adjusting to new seasons, new allergens, new pollen, new weather patterns, etc. Maybe see a doctor, but I'm sure you'll pull through and adjust/adapt eventually (hopefully soon)!

    Em

    ReplyDelete