Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jenna's Wedding

I took a little trip this weekend to Sacramento to stand up for Jenna and Mike as tied the knot. I was there the day that they met at the Society of Aerospace Professionals (SOAP) Bar Crawl, and three years later I was there for the "I dos!"

Look how young we all look!

Irene, Bron, Jenna and Jess at Beaches in Manhattan Beach, circa April 2007.


They were both pretty smitten from hour 1. I'm not surprised at all that they wound up where they did!

Anyway, it was a whirlwind trip. I raced out of class Friday to grab lunch and a mani/pedi and make it on the T in time for my plane. The only bummer of the weekend? Originally I was supposed to have a 45 minute layover in LA, so I told my parents not to come up. Of course my flight ends up being EARLY and my flight from LA to Sacramento ends up being DELAYED so I was now in LAX for closer to 90 minutes, so I would have had time to see them after all! Flying into LA made me ever so slightly homesick... especially since I was on the side of the plane that faced my old commute down the 105, and my former employer.

But no matter! On to Sac I went to meet up with Sandra at the airport. After hopping in our sweet rental Sebring, we headed out to Roseville. After a short detour to In-n-Out (Joni Mitchell was right, you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone!), we made it to our hotel and crashed out.

The next day was full of bridal beautification for the wedding party...






And then it was showtime!




I was really bad about remembering to take photos during the reception... but here are some highlights:







I kind of had a Snooki bump in my hair... but I liked it.

Congratulations, Jenna and Mike! I hope you have a great time in New Zealand and Australia -- and I'll see you again at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment