Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Take a Walk With Me

So I can't entirely take credit for this post. It was my Dad's idea on his last day with me here in Boston. If you like it, you can tell him. :)

One of the most adventurous things I've ever done is take this apartment, sight unseen. I knew the general area of Brookline, but wasn't quite sure exactly where it was or what the street or building looked like. I'm glad to say that I lucked out. I'm on a really nice street in a quiet neighborhood just minutes from Coolidge Corner. Take a walk with me and let's check it out!

We start at my house, 25 Littell Road. 

We're on the third floor, so those windows up at the top are our living room/dining room. Now that we're outside, let's walk down Little Road to Stearns.


At the bottom of the street, we turn left on Stearns to get to Coolidge Corner. It's another quiet, tree-lined Brookline street.

We walk about a block and find ourselves on Harvard St. Up and down Harvard there are a lot of restaurants and shops (including Dad's new favorite the Corrib Pub). There's also a pretty stone church on the corner. Here's a view down Harvard St., looking in both directions. 



Now we turn right and walk up Harvard a couple of blocks to Beacon St., and to Coolidge Corner. 


My T stop is just out of the left hand side of the frame. Up Harvard St. there are more shops, a Walgreens and  a CVS. On both sides of Beacon St. there are lots of shops - Walgreens, CVS, Trader Joe's, Pier One - and more restaurants. 

So this is my new little corner of the world. You all have to come see it in person now! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww! I totally enjoyed your little walking tour, and I'm looking forward to more and more pictures! Brad's family comes from a long line of Coolidges... he's like 6th cousins with the president or something. I bet he'd like that... just another reason to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till I find my camera cord... that's where all the good ones are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snaps to dad! This was a very cool walk :) Now, how far is it to Newbury St?

    ReplyDelete
  4. DSS - just about a 10 minute T ride to Newbury! Love it up there...

    ReplyDelete