Sunday, August 15, 2010

Living Room Rehab

Yesterday's IKEA frenzy definitely paid off, and we have a new, cozy living room to come home to as a result! We spent nearly four hours in the store, partly due to the tax-free weekend chaos, and partly due to the overwhelming nature of IKEA and our individual and collective reluctance to make hasty decisions.

We spent yesterday evening building (and in some cases, rebuilding) our new furniture over some good sushi delivery (yes, they have good sushi in Boston, hurray!).

I didn't think to snap any before or during photos, but here are the "afters" for you to enjoy:



I've nicknamed our TV Goliath. It's a 100 lb.+ behemoth that was quite tricky to transfer to the new TV unit. Good thing he works well, because if he ever breaks I don't know how we'll get him down three flights of stairs, and the people who brought him up are long gone. There has been talk of perhaps pitching him out the window one day... but we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

As we finish off more areas of the apartment, I will share those with you as well. At least one room is done and cozy - and ours - and that's not too bad for one day's work! 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute living room! I love IKEA. You're lucky you've got one near you. The closest one to me is 8 hours away. :(

    It really sounds like you're enjoying the East, and I'm so glad to hear that! Your Maine trip looked spontaneous and fun too! Too bad school has to start soon (or has started already?) to ruin all your fun!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! School starts Wednesday... well "Pre-Term" starts on Wednesday... so we'll see what that actually amounts to. I have two more days to play before I have to be somewhere every day! :)

    ReplyDelete