Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blog Love

I recently received a blog award from one of my favorite reads out there - T at Desperately Seeking Seersucker!  If you're looking for new reads, you should check her out. She's a Southern Gal with a darling little Westie, Louis, who gives all of her friends amazingly fun "blog names" to protect their identities (me? I'm not that nice!). T and I bonded back during our match(dot)com days, and I'm glad to know her now that we're both on the other side.

Anyway, it's a combo Food Tag/Beautiful Blog award, and we had the choice of picking which one we wanted to participate in. I'm going with the Food Tag, because I just got back from the grocery store and it seems appropriate (and I seem to have a fondness for photographing things I cook).

1. What is your favorite dessert? Anything with bananas in it! Probably Bananas Foster if it's a fancy place... or low sugar banana jello pudding if I'm on the cheap.


2. Ever tried to cook something and fail miserably? My dad would REALLY get a kick out of answering this question. Actually, he'd probably be laughing too hard to type anything coherent. I am REALLY GOOD AT COOKING I swear, I just seem to screw up when he's eating it. So much so, that even when I get it right he swears there is something wrong with it. A recent example? I added salt twice to my favorite non-mayo Barefoot Contessa potato salad this summer... making it almost inedible. Sorry!


3. Is there a dish you haven't made yet but really want to? I'm going to copy T on this one and go with "Thanksgiving Turkey." While I might try it this Thanksgiving with my roommate... I want to "really" do it one day with my grandma's made-from-scratch stuffing, which involves a meat grinder and other accessories that I don't have here. It sounds totally disgusting - onions, celery, apples and raisins - but trust me it is so good! It's the perfect mix of sweet and savory. Coincidentally, this is another food that I love and my father hates. Go figure!


4. What is your favorite food? This is like asking someone to pick their favorite child. I'm going to go with Pizza. I could seriously eat Pizza every day and not get tired of it. I like it so much, I'm going to capitalize it every time I type it from now on. 


5. What is your least favorite food? That's easy - EGGS! My poor grandfather is spinning in his grave right now... but yes I hate HATE eggs. While I did train myself to like omelettes this summer while trying to do South Beach... still don't like 'em. Even the smell makes me want to vom.


6. Do you have any seasonal meals you like? Pumpkin Bread, Christmas Fudge and Brazelis. Yum!


7. What is your comfort food?  Home made chili with lots of sharp cheddar cheese and oven fries. And it has to be the Carroll Selby's mix in the brown paper bag, made "extra tomatoey."


8. Chocolate: milk, dark or white?  I'd have to rank them 1) milk, 2) white and then 3) dark. 

This was fun! I'm tagging all of my lovely followers on this one... Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment