Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lots of Updates

So it's been a while. I mentioned to my mom that I had a free evening and she not so subtly mentioned, "you should update your blog!" I can take a hint.

One of the reasons that I've been a bit MIA is because of the dreaded MBA internship search. It's been stressful to say the least! I had one perfectly terrible "avatar" interview (imagine a Skype interview where you can't see or hear the other person), and a lot of resumes sent out into the void to no response... and the mounting pressures of 1) the fact that an internship is required for my program and 2) taking an unpaid internship was looking like a distinct possibility, which had another set of added stresses!

I didn't blog much about it because I knew I'd sound whiny and paranoid and insecure (and WHO wants to read that?)... but as you can see I'm back on the old blog. And that's because, yep you guessed it! I have an internship! To maintain some sense of digital anonymity, all I will say is that this particular company makes an item that you put on your feet when you workout, and they tend to emblazon their products with the letter "N." It's such a great opportunity, and it's in the exact field I want to work in (Cause Marketing) and I am so excited that everything worked out. It was surreal, actually... I interviewed at 9 a.m. and had an offer at 3 p.m.!

So in other news, Spring is FINALLY coming to Boston! The snow is melting, they are refilling the ponds and fountains, and I actually wore a COTTON jacket today! So many people have asked me how I am doing with the weather here, and the answer is "still loving it!" Spring has so much promise, with the crisp air, clear skies, and fresh fresh air. It's turning out to be quite pretty:


The other exciting thing in my life right now is... I now have curtains! Seriously, this is the most exciting thing that's happened to me lately -- THIS IS WHY I DON'T BLOG! My mom was here last week, and helped me with a little DIY project to hang curtains in my room, which is as bright as noon come about 6 a.m. I'm waiting for one more panel to arrive via Target.com, but here's a little sneak peek. Once it's all done, I'll post the full before and after.


And, yes, mother. I didn't make my bed today.

Other fun things from the almost-spring... visits from some of my faves - Kim, Alex and Mary, my first Boston St. Paddy's Day (which merits its own post), and celebrating Diana's big 3-0! It seems like only yesterday we were all celebrating our 21st birthdays, and now we are planning 30th bashes. 


And that's the update. I pledge to be better in the coming months!

2 comments:

  1. First, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE INTERNSHIP!! Wow. That is a great score :) I know you probably won't be able to give us many details moving forward, but who cares! What a great opportunity!!!!

    Alright. Enough exclamation points.

    I'm so pleased you have curtains. No one should be woken from their sleep by the sun. It just isn't right.

    Do tell us about this St. Paddy's Day you had, won't you? I've never experienced one in Boston. I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! To celebrate, watch Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing in the SAME DAY!

    ReplyDelete