Sunday, May 29, 2011

Maine Day

Finishing the semester was great, and for a few days being on vacation was awesome. I cleaned out my closets, did laundry, watched down the DVR, and explored the city with friends. The weather was crappy - cold, muggy and rainy - so a lot of the activities on my summer to-do list were seriously out of the question. In short, we were all bored.

Then Molly had a great idea... let's use her car and take a day trip! It's just a short 2 hour drive up to Maine, so Molly, Parker, Shawn and myself packed up the car and drove up to Kennebunkport for a random day trip.

We wound up around lunch time at a great little pier, where some of our party decided to dip their toes on the Atlantic. I did not, so I took some pictures:


We found this awesome place called the Ramp, where we stopped for an authentic Maine lobster roll and some chowda. This was literally one of the coolest places I've ever been in my life. The outside was decorated with lobster cage markers from the local area, and a giant rusty anchor that Parker models for us below:



 Shawn and I


The restaurant was covered in lots of sports and political memorabilia from the last 60 years. Local celebrities had even signed the walls... including two of Kennebunkport's most famous residents.



On the way back into town, we decided to see if we could drop in on George and Babs. The flag was up, they were home... but this was as close as we got. Which is pretty damn close if you ask me! The whole property was crawling with Secret Service... it was pretty cool though!



And speaking of the Bushes... the town was full of memorabilia about both George W. and George H.W. I snapped a photo of this shirt, which (at the risk of getting political) I found pretty funny.


 In all, Maine Day was a lot of fun and a great success. Kennebunkport is definitely work a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment