Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bueller? Bueller?

I did a bad, bad thing today.

This about sums up my anxiety level right now.

I skipped class!

Now, this normally wouldn't seem like that big of a deal, but for me it is. It really, really is! I am having major anxiety just sitting here typing this, when I should be 2 miles away at school. This is the first time I've done this in my graduate schooling career (let's not bring up undergrad or high school attendance...).

In my defense, I have a *lot* going on right now. I have internships and scholarships with looming deadlines to apply for, an info interview with my career idol to prep for, and a dinner for 4 to cook. And laundry to do. And I should probably read up on some obscure facts before trivia tonight. And now I'm stressing myself out.

This semester so far has been deceptive. There's not a ton of work (though there is a TON of reading), and nothing seems too hard... but I have a feeling that the midterms that we have in a couple of weeks are going to rip that false sense of security wide open.

So I'm going to close this blog entry and start doing an econ problem set. Because that's what responsible students do... when they cut class.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the life of a grad student!! I've only been finished for a few months, but sometimes I'll look back at it now and can't believe just how many things were on my plate!! No need to defend skipping - sometimes it has to happen and sometimes a break is the best thing possible!!
    Good luck with the econ problem set....and everything else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, i typed up a long comment on your last post. it was clver and witty. about your lovely singing, and skiing and all of that. and it's gone :( i refuse to re-type it.

    i applaud you taking the day off! but then again, i didn't get into grad school :-o kidding, kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my day we called it a "mental health holiday". Stop beating yourself up. You're allowed. You've been here before and it always gets better eventually. Just ride it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I was just about to say you deserve a mental health day, and I read that mom just said the same thing! Hope you're hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete