Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Because I Know You're All Dying to Know...

The first chip in my Shellac manicure has finally occured... just 2 days shy of the three-week mark!


So sad! But in all, I'd say a worthwhile experiment. You can see in the photo that it's also a little grown out, which is getting on my nerves a bit. Especially since I cut down and filed the nail to hide the chip, and it now is even more pronounced! Next time, I probably won't go with such a dark color. The gel really kept my nails strong and allowed them to grow super long -- but not strong. One of my nails broke under the Shellac, and I had to peel it out (I'm just not good with long nails!), and then cut down the gel and file it. 

It is starting to look scrotty though... I just don't have the energy right now to get it off. 

This might be the only downside to the Shellac -- you have to soak it in acetone to get it off. Which I do own (acetone is not as bad for you as people think), but it's more of a time issue right now. I still have two midterms to go... it's full power ahead until tomorrow at 9 p.m.! 

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty impressive! The last nail polish I bought started chipping after 2 days, which did not make me happy.

    ReplyDelete